Growing up, I felt more like a 2nd mother to them - or was it just a very permanent babysitter? That'll happen when you're 9 and 12 years older than your siblings, with no other kids in between.
Now that they're getting older (how did this happen? They will BOTH be in high school next month! That makes ME feel old!) we are becoming fantastic friends. We like the same TV shows, the same movies, the same books, and lots of the same music - I mean really...if that doesn't constitute an insta-friend, what does?
We're big enough Harry Potter freaks to attend the midnight showing of Deathly Hallows Part 2 in costume, arrive hours early, and bawl through the entire thing.
We're big enough musical theatre freaks to make a special trip to Saskatoon last weekend to see a touring production of Wicked! (Lots of people from Regina went, you say? Maybe so, but did they sing at the top of their lungs for the entire 5 hour round trip, to the Wicked soundtrack, and music from Glee? No? I didn't think so.)
I love these girls! Thanks for making me feel young - even if I am 26 years old and very pregnant with my 3rd child.









2 comments:
Aw!!! Love you to sis:)Haha and yes, your like a hybrid of a best friend, sister, 2nd mother, babysitter all rolled into one fantastic Sandra!
Love that you are close with your sisters now. I was the baby and grew up with my sisters being close in age.. Sometimes it wasnt all that fun, but mostly it was.
Post a Comment