I'll keep my narrative brief and let the pictures speak mostly for themselves! Ella had a wonderful birthday party out at the lake! We went out the night before and slept over so I could get the decorations up while the kids were sleeping.
First we start with some 4 wheeling around the yard - all the kids love this! Kind of handy to have 3 quads and 3 grandkids in the family - no taking turns!
Then lunch was ready! We piled our plates with "rainbow fruit", flower sandwiches (chicken salad, egg salad, and PB&J) and chips. Here's a peek at the spread.
After our yummy lunch, Ella opened her presents, with lots of help from Eli and Jaxson (until Eli had a meltdown and went down for his nap!) Ella was spoiled with lots of necklace/beading kits, paints, stamps, and many fun crafts! She also got some new games and toys, and was ecstatic about her brand new Jessie doll from Mom and Dad.
The kids enjoyed the presents while we got cake and icecream ready. Here is my masterpiece this year!
It was strange to not to do a "shaped" cake (my previous cake attempts include: butterfly, caterpillar, monkey, castle, frog), but as you can see, this one was time consuming enough!!!
I'm happy with the way it turned out, and Ella said she "loved and loved!" her rainbow cake.
After cake, there was plenty of time for visiting, jumping on the trampoline, and even a boat ride!
Ella is still talking about her "rainbow party at the lakehouse" and I know she had a blast! Happy 4th Birthday Ella!


































2 comments:
Great cake! I saw the idea online and loved it. Just need an excuse to make it.
Ella is too cute. I was watching her in Primary on Sunday (i was subbing the 4-5 year olds) and she was in LOVE with her teacher! Too cute!
Looks like she enjoyed her birthday. The rainbow cakes are my fav to make. Yours turned out much better than mine do.
Post a Comment