To put it simply, I am dreaming of a (insert adjective here) Christmas! Only 3 days until we depart for Phoenix - maybe I'll update the missing adjective once I see the scenery!
Since we've reached Monday morning, the craziness must be subsiding! (Right???) Yesterday was a success. I gained back enough of my voice to squeak through my solo in the morning (not very pretty sounding - but whatever) and have an excellent performance in the evening at the Cantata. I was really happy with how it went, and we got a lot of good feedback. Therefore, I am proclaiming my solution to recovering a lost voice in 3 days a success. If it ever happens to you: try to keep speaking to a minimum (even whispering, because whispering is hard on the voice). Drink 1-2 servings of Gogel Mogel every day (my own variation of this Russian dessert/throat soother is 1 raw egg, whisked until frothy, add 1 cup of milk - warm in microwave until warm, add 1 Tbsp of honey, and stir until melted. Slightly weird tasting, but it seems to have worked!) Gargle with warm salt water 2 times a day, suck on approx 6-8 Halls Vitamin C lozenges a day, and drink plenty of water!
Also yesterday was our early Christmas celebration with family. My slow cooker ham was moist and yummy, my creamy dill potatoes were tasty, and my dear mommy brought some delicious salad and cheese & cracker appetizers. Before we were stuffed up with good food, we opened our gifts. I think we will have to kick out our tenant in the basement so we can use the entire basement for toys ; ) The kids were very happy with their presents, which included: a tea set (including a cart) for Ella, Toy Story figurines for Ella, new movies and books for Eli, firetrucks for Eli, and a giant basket of cultural musical instruments for the kids from my family. Unfortunately....I have no idea where my camera is right now. So, I got NO pictures of Christmas! I will have to compensate by taking some pictures Christmas morning in Phoenix when the kids will get their stockings. Chris and I added some books to our library, and we will have lots to read on our trip! Also, Chris got a Wii Fit Plus, and I am going to be treated to a spa visit in Phoenix. We are a spoiled bunch! We had a great visit and celebration with family yesterday.
Now I can turn my attention to the next few days! Today I have been starting to pack and doing laundry. Tonight I have a Christmas Dinner with my choir. Tomorrow will be more of the same during the day, plus a lot of cleaning to get ready for Wednesday! Tomorrow night I have one last YW activity before the holidays.
Wednesday will bring the last minute packing and the arrival of my Dad and big brother! I am hoping to get all our trip things done beforehand so I can enjoy our quick visit before our early morning flight. We'll be at the airport at 6 am on Thursday.
Ah, Christmas. Makes me so busy, but so happy!
: )
1 comment:
Enjoy your trip! Safe travel!
Post a Comment