Friday, December 17, 2010

8 Days Until Christmas!

It's 8 days until Christmas....and here's what's new.

The Messiah concert went fabulous on Wednesday night! It's the highlight of my holiday season every year. Unfortunately, about half way through the second half (somewhere during "Since By Man Came Death") my voice gave out. All of a sudden I couldn't sing above an A - it came out as a squeak. I made it through to the end, and discovered my speaking voice had dropped 2 octaves lower. Yep. I'm a bass now. I have a little under 48 hours to regain my voice, or I will have some very interesting musical numbers on Sunday! I know the best thing is to rest my voice but how can I be mute when I am looking after 2 kids? It is also hard to keep quiet because I'm the kind of person who hums and sings all day! Hopefully I can find some magic remedy and sound half decent by Sunday.

My Econ final was yesterday! Yippee! I am glad to be done, although still nervous about my mark - which I should find out sometime before Christmas. It only took me 2 hours, instead of closer to the full 3 hour allotment like I thought it would - but that could have had something to do with the fact that I was very hungry, and knew I had a granola bar waiting for me in my jacket pocket, and I also really had to pee. Hmm.

: )

I am a bit distressed because certain Christmas gifts that were ordered have not yet arrived. This wouldn't be a big deal normally, because I'm sure they'll be here before Christmas, but we are having Christmas with my family on Sunday, and today was the last mail day before Sunday! Blast. Looks like a few people will have to wait.

Today Chris is writing his big test for Module 5 of his CA course. He'll be done in just over an hour! I know he will be happy to be done, but (like me) still anxious about the results. If he passes this test, he can advance to Mod 6 next summer - which is basically just prep to write his BIG test next September to get his CA designation.

Tonight I am going to start making my lists for packing for our trip, and do some laundry. Next week is going to end up being busy too before we leave, so I've got to get started! Tomorrow Chris has appointments all morning, I have a rehearsal all afternoon, and at night we are off to his work Christmas party, while the kiddies play with their Auntie Amy. (P.S. Amy, your gift is one that has not yet arrived. LOL, sorry!)

Sunday is going to be busy as well. In the morning I am singing with my choir at a church service (please Voice, come back!) - then coming straight home to start making dinner. We will have a total of 12 people for dinner on Sunday, and we're eating by 4 pm, so I've got to get things going right after lunch. On the menu - Slow Cooker Baked Ham, New Potatoes in Creamy Dill Sauce, green beans, salad, and dinner rolls. We will be having our Christmas celebration with my family, and Chris's family as well (minus his parents who have already gone to Phoenix). After gifts we will eat supper, and go straight from supper to the church Christmas Cantata (have I mentioned, Voice, that I'd like you to come back?)

Then we are on to the last few days at home before our holiday!

I think I will go stalk the mailman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heres my random comment to your random going-ons :)


Sorry that you voice went out. Hope its better on Sunday!

Hope you get a good mark on your Econ final!! I hate waiting to hear how I did on something.

I didnt order anything online this year. Sorry that some of your presents didnt arrive in time. Im sure they will be understanding.

Sounds like Chris is going to be busy.

Your menu sounds delicious! Ill take some of everything please :)