Tuesday, December 14, 2010

MUST...KEEP...GOING

Is it only Tuesday? Sigh. Seriously, once this week is over, I will be a happy lady. OK....maybe by Sunday night. Then I will have (almost) nothing to worry about.

I am losing my voice. My throat is swelling up, it hurts to swallow. WHY? WHY does this always happen in December, right before I have to spend hours on end singing? Curse you Murphy, and your law.

Last night I made it through my Messiah rehearsal with the orchestra. Thankfully, the choir was spot on this year and we only had to go back once, which meant our rehearsal was shorter than usual (under 2 hours instead of nearly 3!) Today I am quite sore, but I've got to hang on to this voice until the concert tomorrow night! (At which point I will sing my lungs out and probably collapse in a heap on the floor) Normally I'd be fine with losing my voice after the Messiah, but this year I have more singing to do. On Sunday my choir is singing in the morning (and I have a solo in "Once in Royal David's City"), and then at night I am singing in a 4 part women's group at our church Christmas program.

OK voice, can you hold on until THEN? Please?

My midterm is on Thursday. (I am inwardly freaking out) Honestly, I can't say any more on the subject. I might fall off my chair.

In exceedingly happier news - my brother will be here on the 22nd! My big brother has been living in Taiwan for nearly 7 (?) years, and he's only been home a handful of times - my wedding in June 2005, to see a newborn Ella in July 2007, and in October 2008, when I was pregnant with Eli. He hasn't met his first nephew yet, and Ella hasn't seen him since she was 15 months old. He'll arrive on the 22nd around lunch time for a little visit before I head out to Phoenix the next day. But he'll be staying on the continent for a while, so I hope to have lots of visiting time when we get back in the new year!

Photobucket
Sean and I

With that happy tidbit in my mind, I'd best get back to studying!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for your brother coming in! I bet that is super exciting. I always look forward to seeing people I havent seen in forever.

Good luck on your school work and I hope you keep your voice!

A solo? Awesome! Ive never heard you sing but I bet it is amazing.