Monday, September 13, 2010

Back To School?!?

Here it is, September again. Every year when September rolls around I get a sense of anticipation and an urge to go out and buy new pens and pretty coil notebooks. Even though I haven't been to school in 7 years. Why is that? Anyways, I've been living vicariously through others for 7 years, I suppose.

Until now. I am officially a university student again. (I'm counting this as official now because I'm taking an Econ class - please disregard the Film 100 class I took 5 years ago...it wasn't exactly furthering my education, was it?)

Yes, I have joined the scads of fresh high school graduates at the University of Regina, and I'm in the same Econ 100 class as my 18 year old brother-in-law. Despite having a partly insane Prof (from what I've gathered so far), I'm excited to be a student again - even if my life did just get 5 times busier than it used to be. Busy is good...right?

I even got a pretty new North Face backpack as a back-to-school gift from Chris. I should go back to school more often!

My class is on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 2:30 to 3:45. A friend of mine is watching my kids for me, and I'll watch hers twice a week as well - don't you love to exchange things? : ) Both of us will have our hands full with the combined 5 kids, but I know it will work out. Ella especially is in need of some daily interaction with other kids (besides her brother). She is constantly asking ANYONE who comes to our house to "play with her" - she needs some playmates badly! This will be just the thing.

So, wish me luck! It's been a while since I've spent time sitting in a classroom, but I think I will enjoy it. Next class is tomorrow!


3 comments:

Jess said...

Good for you Sandra!!!! I am so glad to hear that Kayley is not the only one who asks everyone who comes through our door to play with her! I was thinking it was because she is an only child, but I guess not! LOL!

Butchike Bunch said...

That is exciting... of all classes, how come Economics? Just curious

Sandra said...

I'm thinking of pursuing a Business degree. We figured a basic Econ class would be a good thermometer to test out the waters for me...on whether or not I have the gumption for a business degree : )

Of course I'd much rather fill my time with English Lit classes, but one must be USEFUL, you see.....

LOL