Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hello?

Wow, May was a sad, sad state in this blog. Time for some catching up!

I thought the blog needed a little pick-me-up to go along with this update, so enjoy my new look!

As evidenced by the family picture above, my dear friend Heidi did an amazing job with our family photos last month. Now that I've got all the cute snaps for myself, I can't stop sharing them!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

This past week I finished off my choir semester with an awesome concert. It was even more fun to have my family from Winnipeg come to my concert during a quick visit! I'm sad to think of the emptiness of Monday nights for the next several months! What will I do without my weekly singing escape?

May played some tricks on us, but I think it's safe to say that it really IS spring, and summer is not far behind. Although we're having a bit of a rainy chill at the moment, we've had some beautiful weather, and the kids have been LOVING it! This past weekend we moved over our larger swingset from the old backyard and now the kids have lots of fun things to do in the yard. The only thing left is to do all the 'landscaping'...if you can call it that. I'm sure our finished back yard will be up and running in no time, and I think it will be a nice little yard for us to enjoy.

The kids are growing up so fast. Eli is so busy. He loves to dig in the dirt and I am constantly amazed at how black little fingernails can get! Thankfully he is starting to like his baths more, so I can clean his little body up sufficiently. He spends his days motoring around the house chucking toys at people and furniture and is developing quite the little temper. Once he's outside and exploring the yard he turns to much better spirits! If he doesn't have his shoes on at any given moment, he'll bring them right to you and won't leave you alone until you've put them on and let him outside.

Ella does her fair share of dirt digging too, although she doesn't have the same affinity for eating her mud pies like Eli does ; ) She is very independent these days and often tells me to "go away mommy". Most likely so she can continue to do whatever it was she was doing when I interrupted her. Which is probably something that is not allowed. Like drinking bath water. Or scavenging crackers from the cupboard. She is very dramatic and puts on quite a show each day. I wonder where she gets that from????

Chris is working hard at his schoolwork, work, teaching seminary, and being a Daddy. We're all looking forward to July, when he can just work from 8-5 and we'll have lots of summer fun!

Well, now that this daunting task is over, perhaps I will develop better blogging habits once more : ) I do love to share snippets of our life, I just need some prodding sometimes!

1 comment:

Butchike Bunch said...

Love all the pictures.. when I come to see your new house this summer I better find these beautiful pictures up as your new decor. Ella looks more like you than ever!