The summer that Chris and I got married, he shaved his head. Not full-on Bic'd it, but he got a nice, clean buzz. It took me a couple days to get used to it, but after a while I didn't notice. And it only took him 30 seconds to do his hair instead of 90. Here we are on our honeymoon in 2005. (Holy smokes, do we look young!)
He had short hair, I had short hair....all was fine and dandy.
These days, I cut Chris's hair. I've been doing it since last August, and I think I've taken over the project pretty well. I've never botched it. And considering how close I came to shaving off an entire sideburn of his in 2005, I'm pretty darn proud of myself for making it this far.
Now that summer is near, Chris decided to go for short hair again this season. He thought I could handle it. Did I mention I only know how to cut hair ONE way? But really, how dangerous could I be with a pair of clippers? Seeing as how I normally use the clippers with a #2 attachment on the back and sides (finishing the top and front with scissors), we decided to use the #2 attachment over his whole head, and then use the #1 for the back and sides (to avoid the appearance of a bowling ball). We thought we were so smart. The clipper must have got carried away.
I think next time (if there is a next time) we'll use a #3 first and THEN a #2. The entire time I was shaving it off we were both rocking with hysterical laughter. But of course, it was too late by then. I think my personal favorite quote from Chris was, "Do I have a receding hairline?!?!" Funny the things you can notice when your hair is half a centimeter long.
It's a good thing his scalp is not bad-looking.
This morning Ella said "Daddy! I like your hair! I like your hair! You look like Bob the Builder!"
I'm not sure what's funnier - the thought that Ella thinks she knows what Bob's hair looks like under that helmet, or the fact that she thinks Chris's haircut looks like a yellow safety helmet!
Isn't it nice how fast hair grows?



No comments:
Post a Comment