Well, we've made little progress in the potty department with Ella since coming back from our trip. While we've had a couple of wet accidents, she is still doing really well at only going pee in the potty. Our problem lies with the pooping. Maybe I'm just not attentive enough, or maybe I can't recognize her 'signs' but she has not been poop on the potty a single time yet. Sigh. She either strategically times her bowel movements to coincide with naptime or bedtime (while wearing a diaper) or just plain poops in her underwear. Nasty. I'm feeling a little grossed out these days.
The problem now, is that she wants to clean it up herself. Yeah....not happening. While I appreciate the sentiment and I do like the idea of being accountable for her own messes, I am not letting my not-yet-three-year-old clean up her own poop. That's counter productive. However, I got there a little too late to prevent it today.
Don't worry, this post has no pictures.
I put Ella in a diaper for her nap after lunch today. She was watching The Wiggles for a little bit on the couch while I put Eli down for his nap. I got a bit distracted upstairs and started sorting laundry - besides, what was there to worry about? Ella was happily watching TV, and she had a diaper on.
By the time I came downstairs 15 minutes later, I could smell trouble. Literally...smell. The whole main level of my house smelled like POOP. Ella had pooped in her diaper. Unfortunately, the diaper was no longer on her bum. Because, of course, my uber-responsible 2 year old decided to clean up her own mess.
Our main floor bathroom was....covered in poop. It was on the wall. The hand towel. The sink. The faucet. The tap handles. The toilet seat. The toilet lid. The floor. The little potty seat that sits on top of the real toilet. And Ella. Oh, was it ever on Ella.
She took off her poopy diaper and attempted to dump it in the toilet. Unfortunately....it wasn't of the 'really solid' variety.
Miss Ella got a stern talking to about "TELLING MOMMY!" when she poops. She got hosed down. Then I had to hose down the bathroom. I wore rubber gloves.
Why do my hands still smell like poop?
2 comments:
Oh my....
If it makes you feel any better, we're having the same hurdle here with pooping in the potty, but Alex, thankfully, has not yet taken it upon himself to try to change any dirty diapers. He prefers to deny that anything has nappened and make me chase him down for a forcible changing. Fun times!
Oh man. We had one of those a while ago, Kenton took his diaper off and tried to put on a new clean one, then just crawled back into bed with a dirty bum, leaving the dirty diaper on the floor. Gross. At least yours was already in the bathroom, ours traveled from the bedroom to the bathroom.
I hope she learned to tell mommy about poopy diapers from now on!
Post a Comment