Saturday, April 17, 2010

Deserved It's Own Post

(We'll pretend that I meant to save this for it's own post, and didn't just forget to mention it in the last one. OK?)

While on our vacation, Eli picked up his first word! Hooray!

"UH-OH!"

He's just cute as pie when he says it. It was funny to watch it progress - he started off by saying "uh-uh" whenever he dropped something. Finally by the next week, he perfected the "OH" sound at the end - matched with the cutest little lip pucker to boot!

Photobucket

He loves to say his new word, and will often drop things on purpose just so he can let me know..."UH-OH!"

Then, this evening while Ella was in the tub, I was talking on the phone, and he came out with ANOTHER word! "Eye-ooh!" (Hello) He played with the phone all evening, holding it up to his ear and saying "Eye-ooh" over and over. What a smart cookie!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Ah, I love it when they start talking. So cute.

klalaw said...

Aww, "uh-oh" was Alex's first word too. He was also fond of saying it after dropping things on purpose. :-)