Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Kids Say The Darndest Things

(Ella has just gotten out of the tub)
Ella: Daddy, I need lotion!
(Chris puts some lotion on her hands and feet. Ella falls in to a semi-comatose state while Chris massages the lotion in to her feet)
Ella: Daddy, that feels good!

**************************************************

(We are watching my in-laws dog, Chewie for the week. Ella puts 3 headbands on her head 80's style and wraps 2 scarfs around her neck.)
Ella: Look Chewie! Look how cute my am, dog! Look how cute my am!

**************************************************

(Ella is wearing underwear instead of a diaper one day. This conversation has now happened on two separate occasions.)
Ella: Mom, there's a strawberry in there!
Me: In where?
(Ella takes off her underwear and sticks her hand over her bum)
Ella: A strawberry. In my poop.
Me: No, I don't think so Ella. There's no strawberries in there.
Ella: Yes, in my bum!
Me: (starting to go in to hysterics) No honey, I really don't think there is!
Ella: (bending over naked and sticking her bum in Eli's face) Look Eli! A strawberry!
Me: (Fully surrendered to hysterics by now...)

**************************************************

(About 5 times a day)
Ella: Don't be ridicumous Mom! You being ridicumous!

**************************************************

(It's 5 am)
Eli: Ah ga. Ga ga ga. Ah ga ga ya ya. YA YA! Ah ya ga. (Mom. Mom? Are you coming to get me? MOM! I'm waiting for you!)
Me: Good grief child. Seriously, you're getting up now?
Eli: Ga ga....YA GA! (Of course Mom. I'm hungry.)
(Make Eli a bottle, feed him the bottle in my bed, put him back in his crib to go back to sleep)
Eli: YA! A ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya. GA GA YA! (What, you think I'm stupid? There's toys downstairs calling my name Mom! Let's go!)
(Get out of bed and take Eli downstairs so he doesn't wake everyone else up. He doesn't play with toys. He yells at me for an hour and whines. It's 6:30 am)
Eli: *crying* YA YA! A ga ga ya. A ga YA! (What the heck did you wake me up for! I'm exhausted! Put me back to sleep Mom!)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

LOL! It's such a great thing that you are documenting all of this because one day, no matter how much you deny it, you WILL forget all the cute things they do and then you will mourn the loss of the memories. I thought I'd never forget the cute/annoying things my kids did but I did. And I'm so sad. If I had have written it down however....

brittanimae said...

Nice. Way to suck up an hour of my time when I need to be packing! Your blog is so cute--I had to read back. Also, your kids (and you) crack me up!

Butchike Bunch said...

Too funny to hear the things kids are thinking when they can talk! Hey in the midst of your crazy schedule have you managed to see Sing Off.. It is right up your A Cappella alley!

Our Little Family said...

LOLOLOLOL!!! Those are awesome! I ALWAYS wish (after the fact, when I'm like, driving or something) that I would write down the funny things that Maddie says.

Ella is hilarious!