1) "Hallelujah" that the Messiah is over and done, although it was wonderful this year! This was the first year we had 2 performances, the second being a 'sing along' where the audience joined us! The Philharmonic CHorus sat out in the audience in sections, and Halcyon (my choir) sat up front facing them, with the orchestra and Maestro Sawa in the middle. It was fabulously fun! I really enjoyed watching the faces of certain audience members during the concert. One lady beamed from ear to ear the WHOLE concert (like, the most awesome perma-smile I have ever seen), and another lady and her friend started giggling at the end of every chorus, whispering "That was so awesome!" - how super cool for everyone in the audience to be part of the performance of such an awesome piece of music! It was quite fun, and I really hope it becomes a tradition. So, hallelujah for the Hallelujah Chorus, and an end to another year of Handel's Messiah.
2) "Hallelujah" that I finished Christmas shopping last night after the concert! Did you know that the Old Navy here in Regina is open until MIDNIGHT during December????? How fantastic! They saved my life last night. Then I hit up Walmart and Shopper's Drug Mart to finish up (and yes, I stopped at McDonalds on my way home at 11:15 pm and gobbled down a Junior Chicken and small fry. Bad Sandra. No wonder it took me an hour to fall asleep.) All that is left now are the gifts that are still being shipped. I'm really, really hoping for them to arrive today, before the weekend, or I will likely go in to freakout mode. I am still waiting for Chris's gift, and also the gifts for our parents. 4 more days for them to be shipped! PLEASE come in time!
3) "Hallelujah" that I got my Christmas cards out FINALLY! They arrived at the store to pickup on Wednesday, I picked them up last night, and bought envelopes and stamps. Then this morning at 7 am I enveloped, stamped, sealed, addressed, and return addressed all 40 cards and sent them with Chris to mail on his way to work at 7:45 am. (Thank goodness that I preprinted the address labels and we had return address stickers too!)
4)"Hallelujah" that the craziness is over (mostly)! All we have to get through now is the weekend - two late shifts for Chris at work, a few things scheduled for Saturday, church on Sunday, my choir Christmas Party on Monday......and THEN it will really be over! Sigh. I think I need to hibernate this year and catch up on some sleep.
5) "Hallelujah" that I have all the Christmas gifts wrapped (except the ones in the mail still) and (here's the kicker), I stuffed the kids stockings this morning. Yeah. I am SO gung ho. I mean.........ahem........Santa will be filling their stockings next week......I swear.
6) "Hallelujah" for this Christmas season! "Hallelujah! For the Lord God omnipotent reigneth! The kingdom of this world is become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ; and he shall reign forever and ever! King of Kings, and Lord of Lords. Hallelujah!"
No comments:
Post a Comment