Thursday, November 19, 2009

Proud Mama

I was so proud of Ella yesterday when I went over to see how her coloring was going. She asked me for a 'Tomiboo' picture (the Tombliboos from In The Night Garden) so I printed one off for her. She was quietly at work at the dining room table, creating this:
Photobucket
I was so excited to see what a great job she did! She is normally just a scribbler - she never tries to color individual parts, she just goes crazy with the crayons or markers. But look at this wonderful coloring! She colored in the dots on their pants, their little knobs of hair (or whatever you would call such things!) and even a few of their hands! Of course now she is just back to scribbling, but I am proud to know that she is learning to do more, when she feels like it!
; )
She also makes me proud when I hear her sing - today in particular she was singing "I Am a Child of God" so sweetly! They sing it in nursery every week, and it is also on her bedtime CD of lullabies. Every once in a while I will catch her singing snippets of it..."Help me find the way....live with Him someday" : ) Cute. She also shows her musicality by basically living her life like an opera (or the WonderPets) - she sings instead of talking! Today she colored a picture of Santa and then sang "This is San-ca, this is San-ca, it's for Ella, it's for Ella!" to a rather silly tune of her own creation. I am happy she loves to sing like her Mama.

I am also proud of my Eli man and his super walking! He is 9 months old now and he's getting so fast! Here is a video....I have one that's right-side-up and not sideways, but for some reason I can't get it to upload properly. And I was a doofus and shot this one with the camera sideways LOL....can't figure out how to fix that. Shoot. You can also hear him babbling away his favorite "ga ga ga".
: )

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Wow! I think Ella colours better then Robbie. He is still pretty much a scribbler. He is more interested in doing mazes (he is really good at them) and writing his letters.