Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hip Hip Hooray!

We had a great potty training moment with Ella on Sunday night. She drank about 24 oz of fluids in the course of only a couple hours that evening, and therefore had a very full bladder ; ) It was time for the kids to get in the tub, but Ella refused to get in, saying that she had to go pee first on the potty : ) So, we plopped her down, and over the course of the next 30 minutes, she literally went pee on the potty 25 times! Each time, she would get SO excited, she'd look down and see what she'd done, jump up and clap, start screaming and dancing, and shouting "I did it! Hooray! Woohoo! Yippee!" (and yes, she does actually use those ridiculous phrases of praise)

She got lots of excitement from Chris and I, and received a big 'treat' (one of those big fat fruit leather bars, she calls them treats). She spent the rest of the time before bed running around the house shouting and screaming about how she had been pee on the potty : )

The next morning we went out and got some more training pants (I only had 2 pairs) and some Princess underwear. Ella was ecstatic about the princess underwear, and just had to try on all seven pairs, one after the other. We kept the potty in the living room and she managed to get a few little pees in there throughout the day (but mostly on the floor) ; ) Each time she was very excited and I think she is becoming more aware of when she has to go pee. Our biggest problem is the fact that she isn't going pee all at once, she just gets so excited that she got pee in the potty, so she jumps up and starts clapping! Then 2 minutes later she has to go again, and it ends up on the floor! LOL. We're taking it one day at a time, but she is more willing to try than she used to be, which I am so grateful for! Two kids in diapers is expensive!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Yay Ella!

I love her little voice! So cute.