Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Waiting for Baby

We are all in "waiting for baby" mode now around here! As much as you can "wait for baby" whilst still living our usual busy life as a family of 5. But with the "due date" only 4 days away, knowing that he technically could arrive "any time" is sinking in. Even though he likely will follow in his big brothers' footsteps and have to be kicked out about 2 weeks from now.

Here is how the little dude is "hanging out". Literally hanging, again. I'm feeling enormous, but not quite as enormous as with Emerson, so perhaps he won't be quite as big, and he'll stop the bigger-baby-each-time trend.



Ella and Eli are getting excited for his arrival. Yesterday when Eli got off the school bus, I told him I had been sleeping on the couch waiting for him. I was whispering when I said it, and I think he thought I meant that the new baby was sleeping on the couch, because he raced up the stairs and started looking for a baby. Then he glanced suspiciously at my belly and realized he was mistaken. He wanted to see on a calendar how many days until "new baby" arrives. So do I Eli, so do I!

Ella has been busy brainstorming names. Unfortunately, most of them are girl names. Yesterday her suggestion was 'Audrey'. I don't think she followed our "E" criteria either ;)

Emerson made the ultimate pre-baby step in growing up, and started Nursery at church on Sunday! Now that he is 18 months, I don't have to tote him around to all my adult classes. Good thing because I'll be toting someone else around pretty soon. And you don't have to chase a newborn through Relief Society class. Much easier :)

So, my tasks this week include: switching around the carseats in our vehicle and installing the infant seat again, giving the house a thorough cleaning (however possible that is while looking after 3 kids and being 9 months pregnant), setting up the bassinet in our room, and packing the hospital bag.

Stay tuned for a meeting-Baby-E-#4 post!

No comments: