Monday, May 20, 2013

Spring Update

It is the middle of May. How did this happen????

Here's what we've been up to lately....

We are enjoying the weather immensely! Having a fenced-in backyard is my sanity most days :) 



Ella is still enjoying school and tries out new French phrases every day. She is proud to have learned her phone number in French and English. Her favourite things to do outside are swing, and ride her bike. She does NOT like bugs. She enjoys a large cup of cold lemonade after spending time outside :)






Eli is the same as ever ;) Ornery and stubborn most times, and then randomly spontaneously loving and kind. Lately he has been paying more attention to Emerson, and actually letting him 'play' with him. Also, big news for Eli: He is now wearing underwear to bed!!! *happy dance* In the past 10-12 nights he has only wet the bed 3 times. Which is pretty awesome, considering his genetics ;) He is pretty proud of himself, as well. Outside he loves to ride his bike!





Emerson is growing up so fast! He would spend all day outside if he could. He likes to swing, and he can climb the ladder and slide down our slide unassisted. (Makes my life easier too!) He likes to go for rides on his new trike (with push handle), collect rocks in buckets, and dig his fingers in the dirt. What 1 year old boy doesn't?








Emerson is blowing me away with his budding vocabulary and comprehension. I am amazed at what he understands! I think because Eli was my last toddler (and had a still undiagnosed hearing loss), I really forgot how much a toddler really does pick up. So far he says: "Mom, Ella, Dada, uh-oh, a-da (all done or all gone), up, hello, yeah, poo-poo, soo-soo (soother), and shakes his head for "no". He makes me proud every day as he learns more and more! When he sees people when we are out and about, he will say "Hello!" and give them his charming dimpled grin :)




We took a trip to the zoo this past Friday, and had a lovely morning!









We finished our outing with a picnic lunch.





Here is a glimpse of how Un-named Baby "E" #4 is doing....



Less than 2 weeks until his "due date", and likely about 3 weeks until he arrives! I am excited to be getting some maternity photos done this week, something I have never done before. We are pretty confident that #4 is our last baby and the final addition to our family, so these are the last weeks I will EVER be pregnant! (Which makes it somehow more bearable, even though I know I will miss it later on!)

Chris is keeping busy with work of all kinds (you know he'd be bored if he had less than 3 jobs, right?) and his calling with the Young Men at church. He's also been playing early morning floor hockey a couple times a week and attending a noon-hour boot camp at the YMCA downtown. Who knows where we all find the energy for this busy life!

No comments: