I am enjoying my supper tonight so much that it needed to be shared. I really do not have a huge recipe repertoire and I'm always looking for yummy dishes to add to the menu! Let's face it, most days it's a lot easier to serve up hot dogs and Kraft Dinner, or a package of Sidekicks with fresh cut veggies. But on a cold winter's day, when I spent half the night up with Eli and a burning fever, I was in the need of some homemade comfort food. After blog browsing, it looked like Pioneer Woman's Corn and Cheese Chowder was going to do the trick. (Love PW! She is a food goddess. And a hysterically funny person who can always get a chuckle out of me) I made a few changes, based on my personal preferences and the ingredients I had on hand - I discovered you really can't go wrong with improvising in a chowder. You also can't go wrong when a soup recipe includes bacon. I mean....come on.
I followed her method exactly (and don't you love PW for her photo directions?) and just subbed in some different ingredients. I'm not a huge fan of peppers - so I did a bit of red pepper, but then used celery and carrots for the rest of the veggies. I also added some cubed baby potatoes since I like a lot of goodies in my soup :) I didn't have green onion, so we skipped that, and last, I didn't have any fancy cheeses, so I just used some plain old shredded cheddar, but it was delish :)
If only I had a cute little bread bowl, my pleasure would have been complete!
You should all go and make chowder. As soon as possible. Especially if it's winter where you live.

1 comment:
That looks delicious!
Post a Comment