Ella loves school. Every day she comes home and tells me new French words that she knows, and French songs that she learned. She is soaking it all up. And making me brush up on my French :) She is also working hard on writing all her letters and learning letter sounds. She can write out her full name and her address! But mostly she just LOVES to draw. We finally pulled out a binder especially for her to keep her art in since it was being left all over the house!
She is pretty excited about Halloween. She really wants to be Strawberry Shortcake, and I couldn't seem to find a costume in her size, so....I guess I am making one. (insert terrified expression here)
Eli has been busy with school 4 days a week and usually some sort of appointment on the 5th day. LOL. This week it is the pediatric ophthalmologist, and last week he had a head CT scan at the Children's Hospital. It was a pretty nervous experience for me, but he did really well. They put him to sleep with gas through the mask, and then did anaesthesia through an IV in his hand to keep him under while he had the scan. It only took about 10 minutes and he woke up 2 minutes after they brought him back to meet me in recovery (very groggy and grumpy! And mad at the nurse who was trying to get the IV out of his hand!) His ENT recommended all of these appointments to see if there are any underlying causes or connections to his hearing loss. After the ophthalmologist, there will be an appointment with a geneticist, and THEN we will be done with all these crazy appointments.
He is doing well at school though! His teacher said he is very cooperative and is a real "leader" during circle time. He brings home awesome artwork every day and always tells me what letter they are learning about. ("Teacher said: "B"!") He plays hard when he gets home and is happy to have Ella to play with in the evening.
Eli picked out Batman for his Halloween costume! And he wears it every day. Hopefully it will still be in one piece by the end of the month.
P.S. A little boy at school BIT Eli! Uhhh......
Emerson has turned from our happy smiley little baby in to a loud (but still mostly happy), active, crazy, adventurous little boy! I can't believe how fast his birthday is approaching. He is no longer content to sit and play on our laps quietly at church. He is a FIRECRACKER! He has a magnetism to wheelchairs, walkers, and other people's bags. At church this week he went through one lady's supply of Honey Nut Cheerios, another lady's bag full of toys, and finally settled for ANOTHER lady's purse full of beauty supplies. He spent the rest of class playing with unopened nail polish bottles, hair clips, and hair elastics. (and yes, I did bring our own snacks and toys. But they weren't cool enough.)
He wants to walk so badly! He did take a step on his own last week - one step between the couch and my arms before he tumbled in to the latter. He hasn't tried again but he is constantly standing on his own, cruising down walls and furniture, walking with toys shopping carts and ride-on cars, and testing his limits. He also entered the I-will-pull-all-the-dvds-off-the-shelves phase. Which is so much fun. LOL.
Debate: Should Emer recycle the classic monkey costume that both Ella and Eli have donned for Trick or Treating???? Or should he rock a different hand me down spider costume? (The only spider I'll ever kiss!) Discuss.
I've got a few little party ideas floating around in my head for his....sniff sniff.....first birthday! Seriously. Mind blown. Every time I think about him turning 1.
I've been happily singing away at choir here in Edmonton! I'm so happy that I didn't have to give up my weekly choir rehearsal when we moved away. Öran has been awesome so far and I'm super excited for our upcoming concerts! I've also been keeping busy musically at church - I sang in Sacrament meeting this Sunday and also at a Stake Dance last month with the jazz band.
Chris has disappeared in to his annual October-December major-load-of-work-that-consumes-him-entirely. So we'll see him again on December 15th :) We missed him tons when he was away for 10 days at the beginning of the month! He's such an awesome Daddy, and the kids are always so excited when he gets home from work.
That's what's new, blogosphere. Over and out.



















1 comment:
I think Emerson would make another cute monkey... but you could also make him wear both to get a picture of both.
Lots of cute pictures!!! We look forward to connecting soon!
Post a Comment