We picked them up at the airport on a Saturday at noon. Their arrival entrance was right by the kids play area, so we waited happily :)
From the airport we headed straight to the Edmonton Valley Zoo (and stopped for lunch on the way) to take advantage of the beautiful, sunny afternoon. The kids and I haven't been to the zoo here yet, so it was a nice outing!
The kids spent Saturday evening at home with their grandparents while I went out to a church women's function. Emerson was being a bit clingy to me during the day but did fine while I was out. And Grandma got him to sleep :)
The next morning we all went to church together, took a walk/bike ride, and enjoyed an early supper before Grandma and Grandpa headed back to the airport (on their way overseas). We were happy to have even the quick visit since the kiddies miss their Grandparents a lot since we moved!
Also this month we had our first Thanksgiving away from family. So I was forced to make my own turkey! It was my first turkey attempt. I didn't go too crazy with the menu since I was only cooking for the 5 of us, but we enjoyed turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, roasted broccoli, and chocolate chip pumpkin cake for dessert. Even Emerson has generous helpings of nearly everything. Unfortunately I don't have photographic proof of my Thanksgiving meal success, except for this:
(Empty plates, full bellies)
Now we are looking forward to seeing family again at Christmas!

















No comments:
Post a Comment