Monday, August 22, 2011

Flashback

I've been thinking about how fast the kids are growing up lately, especially with the anticipation for our new little one arriving in less than 3 months! I'm strangely really looking forward to having a newborn in the house, despite the sleep deprivation that will come hand in hand with him!

I can't believe that Miss Ella, who is starting preschool next week, once looked like this.

Photobucket
Photobucket

She was warm, and soft, and quiet. She smelled like "baby". I can't wait for that again!

Even Eli, a full 2 lbs bigger than Ella at birth, was cozy and small.

Photobucket
Photobucket

He was louder, and busier, but still small enough to be a snuggly little bundle on my chest. I can't wait for that either!

This week I am 29 weeks pregnant! It feels like this pregnancy has both flown by and dragged on. On one hand, I can't believe in less than 3 months I will have 3 kids, aged 4 and under! On the other hand, it feels like I have been pregnant for 3 years.

This pregnancy has been a lot tougher than the others. I got big quick, and discomforts that I expected to show up in the 3rd trimester started bugging me before my first trimester was over. I don't want to fill up a blog post with complaining though, since I'm sure I do enough of that in person! Suffice it to say, however, that I hope and pray I can make it through the next 11 weeks without whining for 24 hours every day. My body is big and painful! I usually enjoy pregnancy a lot, but I find myself just looking forward to having a newborn instead of this enormous belly and the achy ribs and back that go with it. (Not to mention my elephant ankles!)

Now that summer is drawing to a close, I'm feeling the need to start getting things done around the house. I've already sorted through the baby clothes we had in storage, so now I am just waiting to get everything set up! The crib will be taking a spot in our master bedroom, since I don't have any plans to put the kids beds back in the same room as their toys! We'll have to do some furniture rearranging, but we should be able to fit the crib and a small dresser in here for baby.

I'm apprehensive about transitioning from 2 kids to 3, especially since the 2 I have are wearing on my patience already! I'll be glad to have Chris home for a bit after the birth. Previously he's gone back to work or school nearly right away, but this time he's going to take at least a week off. Also, he'll be done his course work for CA by then, so will only have 1 job to worry about, and no schoolwork on top of it!

Can't wait to meet you, little boy Goetz #2! You'll be here before we know it, I'm sure!

Photobucket

No comments: