Monday, June 27, 2011

Procrastination!

It's my middle name. I put things off, and put things off.....and all of a sudden, it's been nearly 2 months since I've blogged!

Let me get started on a little disjointed catch up.......

Summer is here! The kids and I are enjoying all our time outside. We've got a weekly playgroup scheduled for the whole summer with some other moms and kids from church, so we're looking forward to fun in the sun at the city's spray parks over the summer. We have lots of great parks in the city that the kids love.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Ella loves to swing. She even knows how to pump her legs, and she gets going really high on her own! When we visit the park, I get her started on the swing, and she just goes and goes!

Eli hates the swing! He loves to climb. He's mastered pretty much every climbing apparatus at all the parks we visit. Even ladders and poles that I think he's too little for, he attacks and masters like a little pro!

Both of my monkeys love the water! We visited the spray park unexpectedly one day last week, but that didn't stop them from getting wet in their clothes! It made for a cold grumpy ride home though - with no towels or dry clothes!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The rain also doesn't stop them from having fun - which is good considering how wet it has been around here!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Next thing we'd like to work on this summer with the kids is bike riding! Ella still cannot figure out how to peddle her bike, so she needs a lot of practice this summer. Eli has a little trike too, but he mostly just scoots along using his legs still.

Along with summertime comes summer treats. I was a "bad mommy" one night and bought Slurpees for the kids an hour before their bedtime! It was the first Slurpee for both of them....and was met with smiles and brainfreeze.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Earlier this month Chris and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary! We had a nice dinner and evening in with a movie and snacks to celebrate. Miss Ella was a bit sick that weekend, so we didn't go out at all. Then 2 days later was my birthday : ) and I turned 26. Chris got me a joint anniversary/birthday gift - a Blackberry! I am loving the convenience of a cell phone.

Mis Ella's hair is getting longer and she's finally getting more patient with letting me take care of her hair. She still doesn't like to have it brushed, but she loves "curly hair" and the fun braids we put it in to make it that way!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Told you this would be a disjointed post : ) Things are good and busy around here! I've missed keeping this blog up to date, so look for more new catch up posts in the near future!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One thing I miss about being in the city (and its a huge one) is all the stuff to do.. like the splash park.
Slurpee looks so yummy.

Aybras hair is getting longer again.. Im waiting for it to grow out so it will be easier to work with (its just a big messy fro right now) but Im thinking of cutting it again :/