The mission: Bake sugar cookies with the kids
The perks:
1. I get my bum off the couch!
2. The kids have something fun to do and stop whining!
3. Being busy gets me out of my grumpy mood!
4. There will (hopefully) be delectable cookies to eat if we accomplish the mission!
I'm taking the recipe from Mommy Snark, who posted the recipe on her blog a few days ago. I'm not a very avid baker - this is my first attempt at sugar cookies. Also, I don't have any icing sugar, so instead of icing them, I'm just going to use sugar crystal sprinkles - too bad I don't have green for St. Paddy's Day! We'll have to settle for red, left over from Ella's 4th birthday party.
Let's see how they turn out!
************************************************************
Well, I lost one kid to a nap at 10:30 am, and another to more exciting toys around 11 am - we were waiting for the dough to chill in the fridge. But, I had fun making them myself, and the kids had fun eating them when I was done!
I made about 72 cookies, and still have a big ball of dough leftover in the freezer for another day! They were pretty delectable!
Post-edit: No, I did not give any of these away. Yes, my family ate them all ourselves. No they did not last longer than about 3 days. Ooops.


No comments:
Post a Comment