Most days he is NOT an angel, but I just have such a soft spot in my heart for him! I can't help it, even when he is frustrating me to bits - I just love this big boy SOOOOO much!
Yesterday Ella went off camping with her Grandma and aunties, so Eli and I were left to ourselves by mid-afternoon.
Bye Ella!
What a fun time we are having! Yesterday we went to the library, where we played with toys, read stories, played on the computer, and borrowed some new movies for Ella. Then we went to Milky Way and shared a bowl of orange sorbet! : ) After our little snack, we came home and played in the back yard - Eli's favorite thing right now is the swing.
After our backyard playdate, we came inside and had supper while we watched Mary Poppins. (I borrowed this from the library - I haven't seen it in so long!) Much to my surprise, Eli actually WATCHED the movie. Eli does not watch television. He can't sit still for longer than 20 seconds, and he has no interest in any of the shows or movies that Ella watches.
Until Mary Poppins. Every time she sang, he'd settle down on my lap or on the floor and watch her with wide eyes. Thank you Julie Andrews for mesmerizing my boy...you are a genius!
Then Eli had the tub all to himself! After bathtime, when my sweet boy was running around his room naked, he discovered - all on his own - how to do a somersault! I nearly peed myself laughing, it was SO funny, and he was so proud of himself! Obviously there's no pictures....since he had no clothes on : ) It really was the funniest thing I'd ever seen! He did it again and again, and is quite the pro now...my little gymnast.
Then Eli enjoyed a walk in his stroller with Daddy before bed.
This morning we had the nicest treat! Along with watching television, another thing that Eli does NOT do, is snuggle. Like I said, he doesn't stay still for longer than 20 seconds. But Chris and I welcomed Eli in to our bed this morning for nearly 15 minutes! We lay cuddled up under the covers and looked at a storybook, talked about our "eyes" and "nose" (I've been trying to get this monster to say some new words!) and watched the ceiling fan. It was a lovely start to our morning - and the start of another day with just my boy and his Momma!
After Daddy left for work, Eli watched Mary Poppins while I got dressed (It wasn't a fluke! It worked again!) and then we left for a fun morning at It's A Blast! (seriously, the exclamation mark is part of the name...but it is pretty exciting!)
After our fun morning we stopped and picked up McD's on the way home.
While munching his french fries, Eli suddenly pointed at his eyes and said "Eyes!"
(Smart cookie!)
After lunch, he dropped right off to sleep for his nap - without a sippy of milk. He is growing up so fast! I love my monkey.
What will we do this afternoon?




















1 comment:
Im so gonna have to try the mary poppins thing... sounds like a good bedtime movie to me!
Post a Comment