We are knee deep in this lovely summer, and keeping very busy! We play at the park, go for walks, spend mornings at the library, splash in the backyard pool, run amok at the spray park, run every fan we own FULL BLAST to keep this house cool, and I - in particular - am devouring books, as it only fitting for these lovely summer months.
So far this summer, I have read:
Secret Daughter: A Novel by Shilpi Somaya Gowda
Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosnay
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
The Forgotten Garden: A Novel by Kate Morton
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Rainbow Valley by L.M. Montgomery
Rilla of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery
...and that brings me up to date, I believe. I am slightly ashamed that I have found the time to read all of those books since....the middle of June (less than one month?) but it's true. Don't you go believing that my house hasn't suffered the consequences of neglect, because it has - but there's just something about summer reading isn't there? It's lovely and seems to fit just right. Although I probably should apologize profusely to my husband for the week of Harry Potter (7 days, 7 books!) as I'm sure he was neglected terribly ; ) I just can't pass up a good Harry Potter fest once every 6 months.
The kids are playful, busy little things (or BIG things) who are quite content to play outside all day and get themselves in to a frightful state of dirtiness. They are covered in bruises and bug bites - but what else is summer for?
Here are my little monkeys at the spray park!
Now I've desperately got to stop reading, because Ella's birthday party is in 5 days, and I'm going to be in a pickle unless I get my butt in to gear. I've bought all the party supplies (decorations, plates and cups, etc) and now I'm left with: buying the food, the daunting task of making the cake, cleaning the house and backyard, and I'm hoping to erect a little play castle once I get my hands on a refrigerator box. I've got a busy week!
Here is the party invitation:
Little Miss Ella is so excited to be 3!





No comments:
Post a Comment