The Birthday Girl!
The party started at 4:30 pm - Ella, Eli and cousin Jaxson played in the cardboard castle and did some decorating with markers....unfortunately I was busy cooking burgers on the BBQ, so an empty, pre-decorated castle is all you get!
I had a blast creating this! I used 4 boxes and an entire jumbo roll of duct tape : ) Here's a little peek inside the house at the decorations too:
Once everybody was here and the burgers were done, we had supper! Here's a peek at my plate: Hamburger, pasta salad, "magic wand" fruit kabobs, chips, and lemonade. Guess my plate was full without the watermelon anyways : )
After supper, it was time for presents!
Ella was spoiled with lots of princess gear...Eli wanted a flashing magic wand of his own!
This set of princess dress up shoes got the best reaction from Ella! There was an audible *gasp* followed by squeals of excitement, hysterical laughter, and "They're SO CUTE!" from Princess Ella. Her photo pose got hearty laughter from all in attendance!
A big girl Princess bike!
Time for cake and icecream!
I had quite the adventure making this cake (as I usually do). I baked the 4 8x8 square cakes the day before (botching the first 2, but they were salvageable after a night in the freezer!) and assembled the cake during Eli's nap the day of the party. To continue my adventure, as I sliced off the dome from the top of my first frozen cake, I sliced deep in to my finger and began to spurt blood everywhere. Thankfully I missed the cake - but I had to postpone the assembly for half an hour while I waited for the bleeding to subside, then continued on with an enormous bunch of paper towel taped around the top of my finger. Oh yes, even when I am gimpy, I am capable of such a masterpiece ; )
(Although it is making typing this up a bit of a nightmare. I really use my middle finger on the left hand quite a bit when typing, it seems! Ouch!)
Here I come....time to blow out the candles! (please stop leaning forward and nearly catching your hair on fire Ella!)
We all had yummy cake and icecream and enjoyed the beautiful weather in the back yard.
We had a fun little time : ) I asked Ella today what her favorite part of the party was and she said "Icecream!" Easily pleased, that girl.
Both her and Eli have already had hours of play today with the new toys (we got some great Melissa and Doug wooden sets that are a huge hit) and I'm sure there will be many more to come! Happy Birthday to Miss Ella Marie! I'm hoping to do another little post tomorrow for her actual birthday...but for now, I'm just happy that this was the last birthday party of 2010 for our little family. Phew. Over and out.






















3 comments:
Love it! Looks like she had a blast!!! You did a great job on the cake! And the cardboard castle is too cute for words!
Looks like a great party. That cake is great too. You did a good job on that. Im not that talented but Id love to try something like that. What did you use to make the decorations for it?
Seriously though, that girl is spoiled! I want to be your daughter! The cake looks amazing, and Ella looks like a real princess. Glad you had a fun day!
Post a Comment