Thursday, June 17, 2010

Party Planning!

Little Ella Bee will be THREE in one more month! I can't believe it. Today I dove in to the party preparations and brainstorming with excitement. I love planning parties : )

Ella decided on a princess party this year (of course). I'm sort of glad that I didn't do anything this girly in the past 2 years, because now the idea is not exhausted yet - and she is excited that she got to pick the theme. In previous years (1 year old - butterfly, 2 years old - caterpillar) I just chose the theme for her. I'm happy this year to have fun catering to her wants!

I'm hard at work creating her invitation - one of my favorite things each year. I always do them myself using digiscrap kits in Keynote, and print them as 5X7 prints. I found the cutest princess kit to make this year's creation, and I can't wait to share it once I'm done!

I've also been scouring the net for a cake idea. Making a new, fun cake every year is another favorite part every year. I think I've found a winner...after all, it's time I tackled a 3 tier castle, right?

And of course, a princess has to look her best at her party! I've got the outfit all decided, now I'm just scouring Etsy to find her a beautiful tiara or hairbow!

The things we do for our kids.....

Or is this for me?

Yeah, I think I'm having more fun planning than Ella will at the party.

No comments: