On Saturday I had my 25th birthday. Chris and I left the munchkins with Grandma and had a nice little overnight escape. We did a little shopping, ordered my new custom wedding band (our 5 year anniversary gift was new wedding bands), had dinner out, hit the movie theater, and spent the night at a hotel.
I had a lovely birthday : )
On Sunday we celebrated a bit more out in Pense with my family. We had dinner, presents, cake, and some musical entertainment.
The kids have also been enjoying the season of watermelon....
This morning we took advantage of a beautiful morning and went to Water Fowl Park. The resident geese, ducks, swans and pelican were a HUGE attraction for Ella Bee and Mr. Eli. A little too huge.
Pictures were a difficulty, as I had to spend all my time chasing Eli and making sure he didn't attack the birds. Or cause them to attack him as a result of invading their personal space. I also had to keep him from jumping in the water. At all times. After all our bread was gone and the greedy geese were sufficiently fed, we adventured around the pathways and said hello to the bigger, more interesting birds.
The pelican didn't seem too enthralled with the prospect of my children approaching him.
After about 20 minutes at the park both kids were in tears. Eli, because I wouldn't let him go swimming in murky bird poopy water or poke a swan in it's eye, and Ella because.....she's melodramatic.
Goodbye Water Fowl Park! Maybe we'll visit you again when I have assistance, or maybe....we'll just wait until the kids are older.
After our bird adventure, we went to the playground before lunch. These kids of mine are growing up so fast! Eli loves to go down slides, and even the biggest slide won't daunt him. He goes down by himself and then climbs right back up the structure to go down again. I decided to give the camera a rest, so i don't have any of them at the playground, but hopefully we'll have many more mornings at the park with this beautiful summer weather settling in!
















No comments:
Post a Comment