Tuesday, March 30, 2010

So Long, Farewell...

We've had so much to do over the past little while, so you're all lucky I'm even stopping by to post before we leave tomorrow ; )

Here's what's new:

- Ella has croup. She is mostly better now, but Friday night was an absolute nightmare. Chris and I went out on a date and left the kids with a babysitter. I had noticed earlier in the day that Ella was coughing randomly from time to time and I worried she was getting sick. Eli was also starting to sport a runny nose. Chris and I got home on Friday just before 10 pm - by 10:45 pm, Ella was awake and a DISASTER. I thought we were going to have to take her to the ER (so conveniently across the street!). She was lying in bed tossing and turning, having trouble breathing, coughing a nasty, raspy, honking cough. She scared the daylights out of me. We kept trying to get her to talk, but though her mouth was forming words, no sound was coming out. She was awake for a good 2 hours, which we spent in our bed, trying to calm her breathing down. I called the Health Hotline and got some advice from a nurse. Eventually she fell asleep in our bed and we spent a restless night together. On Saturday I took her to the walk in clinic and the Dr. prescribed her one dose of prednisone and said she should be OK in a few days, as it was a mild case. Today she is doing much better - she slept for about 14 hours last night, and other than a lingering cough and runny nose, she is on the mend.

- Eli managed (so far) to escape with just a bad cold. His cough is pretty gross sounding, but nothing like Ella's was. Hopefully all the Vitamin C I'm pumping in to them will help them mend and we'll be able to have fun on our trip!

- Our clothes dryer is.....the devil. It destroyed an entire load of whites, leaving rust stains all over the clothes. Luckily my mother in law has an extra one in storage, so for now we will be spared the cost of buying a new one. I'm not even sure if it's worth trying to save the stained clothes. How many lemons do you think I'd need?

- With the fun of our dryer murdering our clothes, I've been busy packing. Thankfully most of our clothes are still in good condition and are safely packed away awaiting our trip tomorrow. The kids are all packed, I just need to finish up on myself and Chris. (Yes, I'm packing his suitcase even though he's not traveling with us. I'm so nice.) However, since I'm planning a major shopping spree at a dandy little store in Salt Lake City, I don't want to pack too much or I won't have room to bring it all home!

Anyways, with all the preparatory errand running at an end (I hope) I can finish up the packing and we can be on our way! We leave tomorrow at lunchtime, and I shall be back with a boatload of pictures in 2 weeks!

Farewell!

P.S. Can't just leave without a parting gift from me! My darling kids:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: