Eli thinks he is an acrobat. One of these days he is going to be concussed. Someone gave me the advice of just letting him play and cleaning up the mess afterwards - but what happens when the mess is his bloody bloody face? One day soon, I swear it's going to happen. If there's one thing I commend him for, it's his determination. The other day he fell off a dining room chair THREE times in the course of one afternoon. He was a sad, frumpy, tearful mess after each incident, but after he was done getting his hug from me, he walked right back over to the chair and started to climb back up. I don't know whether to love him for that, or start banging my forehead on the living room floor in desperation and disbelief.
Ella is her usual dramatic self these chaotic days. I wonder if a dog would understand her better than I can - I'm sure she's speaking closer to canine frequency than human. Of course, I'm sure she thinks it's "princess" frequency. What is it about princesses that makes little girls think they need to speak in ridiculously high pitched voices to sound like them?
Things are crazy around here - as you can see. A week until possession, and under 2 weeks until we move the big furniture over and officially make the switch! The U-Haul is booked, the carpet cleaner is booked, and I've got emails in to a couple of maid services to see about getting a move-out cleaning done to this place after we're out. Everything seems to be coming together just fine...just waiting for the dates to get a bit closer so we can do the last of the packing and get going!
One week until my choir's Broadway concert! I'm very excited - these concerts are a bunch of fun. For those of you here in Regina, you should come on out!
Knox Metropolitan United Church
Sunday February 28, 2010
7:30 pm
Adults $15, Students/Seniors $10, Kids Free


3 comments:
Sandra, cold water and a little soap will get out most blood stains and the face and head bleed a lot!! And scars add character, at least that is what Scott told me over and over! Eli sounds a lot like Adam and Jonah at that age! I honestly didn't think I would survive Adam! The only thing that got me through Jonah was knowing that Adam lived to tell the tale! I seriosly had to turn my head and just wait for the screams because I couldn't watch anymore! You do what you can to make sure they are safe but sometimes boys will be boys (or girls will act like boys lol!) and they feel like they have to keep doing it until they get it right! Hang in there. And as for the high pitch squeelyness, well that will pass eventually! lol!
Oh man; I am not jealous Sandra! For some reason Jude has realized that acrobatics are not his thing, and he is patient with me and has learned how to climb down off the couch safely! lol.
I highly recommend getting a cleaning service to do your move-out clean! It is sooooooo worth it and will save you so much hassle! With two little ones and a new house to set up (plus 2 sets of tenants on top of it now) you definitely deserve a little bit of a break!
Good luck, I am excited to hear about the new house and see photos of the inside!!!
I remember thinking that Zee wasn't going to live to see his third birthday and then one day, just months before he was due to turn three, he fell head first down the stairs and landed with his head at a very unnatural angle. Thank goodness he was okay but he certainly stopped my heart after that fall. It's amazing what they can live through. As an adult, a fall down the stairs like that would have killed me, but Zee...well, he cried a little, needed a cuddle and then was off and running. Ugh...boys!!
Post a Comment