Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentines Day! (plus random happenings)

My Valentine and I:
Photobucket

We've had a fun and crazy weekend around here!
The out-of-the-ordinary started on Thursday at noon, when my Daddy came for a visit : ) He hasn't been here since last fall, so we had some fun catching up to do. Here is what we did:

- The kids were crazy, insane, and entertaining.
- Ella had a scarf of mine wrapped around her body for the entire two days my dad was here, pretending to be a princess in a beautiful dress (or a dragon with a tail, or a mermaid...)
- Eli climbed on top of every flat (and not flat) surface in this house, including the office chair, a pile of boxes (I've started packing!) and once, the dining room table.
- Ella talked in a ridiculously high pitched 'princess' voice for 48 hours and serenaded her Grandad with renditions of "Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid.
- My dad taught me how to make a delicious roast! (I don't cook much, and I've certainly never made a roast. Now I know how. SO easy!)
- We went to the indoor play center with the kids and spent several hours chasing the kids around as they ran amok and climbed over every inch of the building.
- I nearly ran out of Febreze Air Efffects because of the sheer volume necessary to combat the smell of poop. It was an unusually smelly weekend for poop around here. (Yes, you really did want to know that.)
- My Dad drove Chris to the airport on Friday night to catch his flight to Vancouver.

Photobucket
We miss you already Grandad! Can't wait to see you again!

The out-of-the-ordinary continued right on, with Chris gone for the long weekend to volunteer at the Saskatchewan Pavilion at the 2010 Olympic Games.
Photobucket
Some fun things the weekend held for me:

- The kids getting up before 6 am EVERY morning. I'm used to getting ONE sleep-in opportunity per weekend, since Chris will trade me off and take the early morning hooligan shift. No such luck when he's away.
- Surviving 3 hour church alone with both kids. Thank goodness for nursery, and thank goodness for a measly 30 minute nap from Eli. Only 6 more months until I can dump him in nursery too! (Will church be meaningful once again when that happens?)
- My house....is a disaster. With no internal guilt because no one else is here to see the mess, I find myself just not caring about the state of my living room floor or kitchen counter. Even when it speaks to me. I ignore it. This must end sometime today. Hopefully.
- Eli fell off a chair and cut his face open right next to his eye. Ella fell backwards off a chair and gashed her lower back open. What will my husband say when he comes home and sees our beat up children?

It will all come to a close tonight when I pick the dear husband up from the airport after choir. We'll be glad to have him home! (Especially because he's bringing us all back a fun gift from the Olympics! But also because we love him.)

Happy Valentines Day! Happy Family Day! (It's a holiday here today too)



No comments: