Monday, January 25, 2010

The More It Snows, and General Update

This weekend has been a veritable down-pouring and blizzard of SNOW. We woke up Saturday morning to a fresh blanket of it, and it continued to fall and bluster around all throughout Saturday and Sunday. So much so that church was cancelled yesterday - I can't remember a time ever before where church was cancelled on account of the weather. I mean, we're equipped up here. We don't cancel things when snow falls. Not only was church cancelled, the WHL game here in the city was cancelled last night - wait a minute....they cancelled a hockey game? OK, now you believe how much snow we got!
Photobucket
Chris shoveled the walk 3 times this weekend. What a good effort. It was all a waste.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Do you see that dark van in the far left of that picture? Is that really a van under all that snow? I don't think they're going anywhere anytime soon.

The snow in our backyard has drifted to approximately waist height.
Photobucket
Excuse this picture, it was taken from INSIDE, through a screened window. No way in heck I was going out there to experience it for myself!

What fun the kids would have. Ella would slide 3 inches in to the snow and Eli wouldn't be able to swing at all. I don't even think I can open my back door.

So, you ask, what will we do while we're stuck inside? Good question. No idea.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Oh, clean up my house? Thanks for the input. Excuse me while I procrastinate for a while and keep blogging.

In other news, we've been busy around here. Chris is moving in to busy season and is working about 10 extra hours a week. We've been super busy around the house getting ready to move - of course it's too early to see any progress ; ) Mostly we've been in 'purge' mode, getting rid of everything we don't want, need, or care to move! Both of us have cleaned out our closets and donated all the clothes we haven't worn recently. We've slowly been going through our books and trying to sell the ones we don't want anymore. One thing we are sacrificing in the new house is storage space - since the basement is a rented suite, we don't have that extra space for boxes and things unused. We will still have the use of our current garage to store things in, so we're not totally in a fix, but it was definitely time to purge anyways. I hate to hoard things I don't need, but I find myself doing it often anyways.

I've also been busy with planning Eli's birthday celebration. I can't believe that crazy kid will be 1 soon. I've picked the date and made the invitations, and everything is under way. I'm also super busy with his birthday video - for Ella's first birthday we made her a video with all our favorite pictures from her first year. We also put all the home videos from the first year on the DVD. Well, I can't have Eli being left out and suffering from 'neglected-second-child' syndrome, so I've been hard at work. There are a lot of hours of work that go in to it, so I have a feeling I'm going to be up against the wire, but hopefully I can pull it together!

Also, I've been doing really well at my couch to 5 K program this time around - the past 3 weeks I've been to the gym 3 times a week, and completed the first 3 weeks of the program. This last week has been tough for me, so I think I might repeat it before I move on to week 4.

Chris and I have also been busy planning our trips for this year - a quick jaunt to Utah in April for General Conference, our trip to Chicago in July/August, and our Christmas trip to Arizona. It's a lot of traveling to afford since we're now buying a house too, so Chris has been toiling away, trying to make our trips more...economical. Let me just say...we're buying a tent and sleeping bags. Overall, I think we'll have fun! ; )

Was that my kitchen counter calling me? "Sandra, I'm being crushed to death by dirty dishes and I may pass out soon?" Ah. Yes, it was.

2 comments:

Butchike Bunch said...

When the weather and snow are not something to smile about it's nice that you have so many fun trips planned this year! That's great!

brittanimae said...

Hahaha--I love that your kitchen counter calls you!