Sunday, January 31, 2010

February, Here We Come!

Hard to believe the first month of 2010 has come and nearly gone, isn't it? February is going to be a busy month for us, and my mind is beginning to reel.

First of all, my calling in Young Women's is busy as can be right now. This Tuesday is our 2010 New Beginnings Program, and I have basically taken charge of the whole thing. I've been working on it since December. Hopefully I can tie up all the loose ends today at church and we have a smooth program on Tuesday! Since church was cancelled last week, and the week before I stayed home with the kids because Chris was out of town and I didn't want to go by myself with the kids, it's been a while since I touched base with the girls and my fellow leaders on what needs to be ready. We'll be cutting it close but I hope we can pull together a pretty special program.

Also this week I'll be pulling together loose ends on Eli's birthday party! (OK, who am I kidding, I'm basically just starting to plan it this week. Time got away from me.) His party is a week from today (!) and that little monster will be 1 year old next Tuesday! I haven't bought him a present yet, or even decided what food I will be serving....aarrrgghhh. So much to do! I also need to finish his birthday video, which is going to be at least another 4-5 hours of work. Once the party is over I will rest a little easier!

Then comes the weekend that the Olympics start! Chris is going to BC to volunteer at the Saskatchewan Pavilion! I was supposed to be making a trek to Winnipeg that same weekend for a visit but it's a little up in the air right now, so it may not happen. If it does, I'll be gone from Friday to Tuesday, bringing along my sister Megan for the ride, to help with the kids. If not, I guess the kids and I will try to enjoy a weekend at home alone!

After that weekend, we basically only have 2 weeks left in which to pack! We get possession of the new place on March 1, so I'll be spending the rest of February packing, cleaning, and organizing. Not to mention I have to get both of our future renters to sign tenancy agreements and work all that out.

Throw in a Broadway concert that my choir is doing on Sunday the 28th, and you've got a pretty fun-filled, crazy busy month! I've got a lot of music to memorize this month too!

Am I supposed to continue my roles as wife and mother during all this? Oh yes. I am. Isn't life wonderful? At least I have cute kids.
Photobucket
Photobucket


1 comment:

Jess said...

WOAH! What a busy month February is going to be for you!! Try and take a breather now and again. And you are right, you do have CUTE kids! :)