Monday, January 4, 2010

Getting Back Off The Couch

OK...another attempt to relinquish my couch potato ways.

Back in November, I blogged about my progress in the Couch to 5 K program - I was in week 2 (of 9 weeks). Well.....I haven't been back to the gym since. First, Everybody got sick - colds, runny noses, I lost my voice, Eli got rotovirus...and I can't take the kiddies to the gym when they are sick and leave them in the daycare. Not allowed. Especially with all this H1N1 freak-out going on. A runny nose used to be not a big deal, however now, it's a required 'stay home' signal.

After everyone got healthy again, it was December. Good grief. You all remember my post about what December looked like in our family. NO spare time.

BUT.

It is now a new year! A fresh start! I hate to join all the other 'new year's resolution exercisers' but let's face it - I fit right in. I'm heading back to the gym today! (Of course I am going once Chris gets home from work, since Eli has rotovirus again!) I am hopeful that by the first or second week of March I will have completed the C25K program and I can keep exercising and working on more distance. This is actually a necessity for me now, since Chris and I have registered for the Rock N' Roll Half Marathon in Chicago this August. I can't even describe to you the pitiful things that would occur if I were to attempt a half marathon right now. It would be....probably frightening. Or maybe just very, very sad.

Chris, on the other hand, just ran a half marathon on January 2nd. Outside. In -35 C weather. With no recent training - and come on, he had the flu 2 days before. Crazy man. Anyways, he'll have no problem - he'll be working on improving his time, while I attempt to actually finish without passing out. Piece of cake for Mr. Marathon. Not so much for his big fat wife.

Alright, now totally off on a long tangent. Point being, I'm headed back to the gym today! Hopefully we can stay healthy long enough to get me through the program!



No comments: