Eli woke up and pooped at 5:30 am. I heard him awake and rolling around, but he went back to sleep until 6:30. I went downstairs and made him a bottle, fed it to him in our bed, then put him back to sleep in his crib (hoping for another hour) - all the while wondering what that ghastly unearthly smell was. It must have been my delirious tired mind that decided NOT to check his diaper. Goodness knows why. He dozed for a bit, but by 7:20 am, it was apparent he was not going back to sleep. And Ella was up by then too - she normally sleeps until 9 am, but if I let Eli stew in there for too long, she's up and at 'em.
THEN I discovered the mess in his pants. I know it must have been there before, because I smelled it before, I just didn't register it as a 'poopy' smell. Good morning to me. Nasty little stinker.
Then we all came downstairs, where the kids spent the next 10 minutes crying and yelling at each other for no apparent reason. Chris left for work. I was left to contend with my two little morning monsters.
Seriously, what has happened to my children?
Ella is wearing a dinosaur pajama top in size 3T, a pair of pajama bottoms in size 12-18 months, and her Christmas church skirt, which she promptly pulled on top of her pj's after breakfast. Eli is wearing size 12-18 months pajama bottoms in a construction print, a size 2T top that he got for Christmas which is still too big, which also got blood on it yesterday afternoon when he hit his mouth on an end table...which I have still neglected to take off of him and wash. What sort of mother am I?
He climbs in to this chair every 5 minutes, every day. And cries because he can't get out. Or for some other unknown reason which neither Chris or I has been able to deduce. If you take him out, he climbs right back in, and starts to cry.
Didn't we just have a holiday? I think I need another break. I'm going back to bed.



No comments:
Post a Comment