Thursday, November 12, 2009

A very big boy, an abundance of singing, and a lack of exercise

'Little' Eli Man had his 9 month check up today! I can't believe he is already 9 months old, and there are only 3 months until he has a birthday! When he was born, he was 9 lbs 7 oz, and 22 inches long. Look at that little wiener!
Photobucket
Photobucket

At 9 months old, the little monster is 24 lbs and 31 inches long! What a big boy! Ella was a tall girl too, but she didn't hit 31 inches until after her first birthday. Look at my big healthy boy!
Photobucket
He is starting to walk everywhere now and give up on the crawling. He still falls down sometimes, but he picks himself right back up and keeps going - he's quite adorable.

Last night was my first choir concert of the season. It was lots of fun! We sang the Karl Jenkins 'Requiem' in our second half - quite a superb piece of music. There's always a big high the night of the concert, followed by a sharp drop to low the next morning ; ) when you realize it's over. But I can combat that with the excitement of Handel's Messiah rehearsals starting on Monday! And this year, we're doing 2 shows, which is SO exciting because 1) The concert always sells out all 800 tickets WAY before everyone who wants to go gets a ticket, and 2) The choir is always so depressed that we only get to sing it once a year! This year will be super awesome - I can't wait to see what movements we're doing this year! Of course, I have it basically all by memory now, this being my....sixth (?) consecutive year performing it. So hooray for choir!

I have been severely set back in my Couch to 5 K program. I did week 1 complete, then I got 2 days in to week 3 and I got sick (last Thursday). Then this week I was still battling a cold and super busy with choir rehearsals, so I skipped out. Next week I will have to start again, and I'm pretty sure since I took a week off I should redo week 2 from the beginning. Sigh. A bit depressing. Now I'm not going to be finishing until AFTER Christmas, and the holidays will likely throw a wrench in to my schedule as well. But I'm determined to get back in to it!

P.S. A random side note: How awesome was "Defying Gravity" on this week's Glee? Yeah!


1 comment:

Konica Croft said...

sandra-- You offically got me hooked on glee!