Saturday, November 7, 2009

A bunch of random things....

We finally got around to raking up our leaves. It's always a daunting task because we usually get snow before they all fall, then the snow melts, then the leaves are all soggy, then they dry out, then more fall.....then we have to rush and rake them up before it snows again : )
This year Ella was more than willing to help Daddy:
Photobucket
Apparently when Grandma took Ella for a walk to the park on Friday she could hardly restrain her from jumping in to the piles of leaves on people lawns along the way! After helping Daddy make her own piles, she was ready to show Eli how it goes! He laughed every time she jumped in and make the fall leaves 'crinkle'.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Eli looks about the same size as Ella last year playing in the leaves (despite being about 6 months younger)
Photobucket
Photobucket

On Saturday late afternoon, Ella and Daddy went out for a few hours. Eli and I entertained ourselves by making Shepherd's Pie for supper, having a dance party to the Glee Cast singing "Don't Stop Believing" (Eli loves to dance to music, and yes, I am a GLEEK), and having laundry basket rides.

Photobucket

Notice him all decked out in his Roughriders onesie, gearing up to support his team on Game Day. Ella was also suitably decked out.
Photobucket
That about sums up our fun Saturday : )

Eli seems to be on the mend (translation - I haven't been changing as many diapers), and Ella has managed to escape catching my cold (not sure how my potential H1N1 turned in to a cold, but it did), so all I'm worried about now is ridding myself of the sniffles and congestion in time for my Remembrance Day choir concert. Crossing fingers.

P.S. A glance at why Ella needs a bath so often. I'm sure this wasn't intended to be finger painting when we started out...
Photobucket




3 comments:

Butchike Bunch said...

Too cute.. can you even imagine you created such the little football fan club... Ella and Eli are a riot, you are a great mom and keep these two well entertained!

Butchike Bunch said...

Also glad to hear everyones feeling better.. poor little Eli.. such a little trooper smilling through it all.

Our Little Family said...

I'm sure you are incredibly busy and have a ton of work with two kids, but you are so totally blessed!! Your pics made me tear up (and yeah, I've got crazy hormones right now but they're STILL adorable!).