Saturday, May 4, 2013

G-G-Granola Bars!

My kids eat lots of granola bars. We always need something quick to throw in the diaper bag so they can snack while we drive. Eli usually has a granola bar for breakfast every day too - because he gets on the bus so early (and because I am so reluctant to get out of bed), he only has about 5 minutes for breakfast. Usually it's a Nutri-Grain bar and a quick bite of banana. It's not wonderful, but it keeps him going until morning snack at school. No time for things like pancakes, let alone a bowl of cereal.

I'm tired of spending $7 a week on granola bars though (2 boxes of Nutri-Grains, one box of regular granola/chocolate chip bars) so we decided to try out making our own. They are a big hit here! Easy to make, they taste WAY better than store bought ones, and I know EXACTLY what ingredients are going in there.

I used Pioneer Woman's recipe, and felt free to switch up the ingredients with whatever our family likes best.


Here is another delicious tray-full to get us through this week!




1 comment:

Joanne T said...

Those sound yummy.