Wednesday, April 13, 2011

One of 2052

I am so thrilled to share this!

My favorite composer, Eric Whitacre, has created the world's largest Virtual Choir. Featuring 2052 voices from 58 countries, The Eric Whitacre Virtual Choir 2.0 is the largest online choir in history. Here is the video, that was released last week to the world via YouTube. (Go ahead and click through to watch it on YouTube, so you can see the whole frame.)


I was anxiously awaiting the announcement last September for what piece would be chosen for this virtual choir, having missed out on the last one (185 singers, Lux Arumque). I submitted videos for both the Alto 1 and Alto 2 parts (you can see my name in the credits!) and am so proud to have been a part of this. It was an awesome experience. I was totally blown away by the final video.

I can't wait to hear what Virtual Choir will tackle next! For more information and background on Virtual Choir, visit the website.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

What an amazing venture to be a part of! You're so lucky that you can sing...

Megan said...

I didn't know you were in this -so fun! And you have an amazing voice. I loved your musical number at Women's Conference