Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Life These Days...

I seem to have trouble doing anything but catch up posts lately! Life is busy. Here's what's been going on:

Room Sharing

Eli was giving us a major headache every night at bedtime - it would take him 2 hours to fall asleep, and the whole entire time you had to stay in the room with him. I don't know about you, but I don't have 2 hours every night to sit and watch my son fall asleep. The minute we tried to leave, he was up and out of bed, and no matter how many times we sent him back to bed (sternly, gently, lovingly, angrily) he would be out again within 90 seconds. Frustrated with this ridiculous situation, Chris came up with the idea that maybe he'd stay in bed if he was in the same room as Ella. He seemed to have issues going to bed alone, so perhaps sibling company was in order! So, we rearranged Ella's room downstairs and hauled Eli's bed down there to test it out one night. Here's their shared room:

Photobucket

It's been about 2 weeks since we made the switch and things are finally calming down - at least at bedtime. We put them to bed at the same time, and one of us usually lies down in Ella's bed for a few minutes until Eli is finished his milk and they are both calming down. Then we leave and sit on the stairs outside the room to field any escapee attempts : ) Thankfully they have been scarce for the past week or so - Eli will occasionally still climb out of bed once or twice, but he is staying in for longer periods, and eventually goes to sleep on his own. And instead of taking 2 hours, it's usually only 40 minutes on not so good days, and 15 minutes on good days.

If only we could KEEP the kids in their beds all night long now.......2 nights ago all 4 of us were sharing our double bed by 2 am. Yikes.

Eli's Birthday is coming up!

Party invitations have been issued, and the date is getting closer! His party will not be until Sunday the 13th, but my little man will be 2 years old in just 8 more days! I still have shopping to do for one last gift and the decorations and such.

Photobucket

Economics...

I am slogging away at my online Econ 202 course. Our first quiz was last week and I got 13/15 on it - but I'm more concerned about the next upcoming quiz. The first few modules of this course were mostly review for me, from my previous Econ course. Now I am working on new content and it is hard to get through without a teacher explaining it to me! My next quiz is on Valentines Day.

Ella the Sunbeam!

Ella moved up from the nursery at church in to Sunbeams at the beginning of the year. She is loving her new "big girl" class! She tells us about what she is learning and sings the new songs she has learned too. Eli is not faring so well in nursery anymore though. He never had any problems going to nursery, but now that Ella is no longer in there with him, he is giving us a fight. This past Sunday he melted down when we dropped him off and ended up crying himself to sleep. He slept on the floor for the entire 90 minutes until it was time to go home! (Doesn't help that the new church time is right during nap time!)

Photobucket
Photobucket

Why do we live here?

It is beyond cold here. Overnight it was colder than -40 C. I really need to get groceries but I can't bring myself to take the kids out when it is this cold! And the snow just keeps falling. We have record snowfall this year in Regina.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Well, that's all that's new around here! Thankfully everyone is pretty healthy right now - with the exception of Chris. He is pretty sleep deprived because of how busy his work schedule is - I think he needs a 4 day nap! He also has randomly developed a cat allergy at the age of 28.

Yeah, who knew?


No comments: