We survived February! As far as winter around here goes, February is pretty much the pits. Yet here we are in March, with spring just around the corner (OK, who am I kidding, we'll have snow until the at least the end of April most likely), but it feels nice to get bitter February out of the way. Welcome to March!
Next - here I am sporting my new do.
I'm not entirely thrilled, but I never tend to be after a haircut. The lady who did it was....well.....a kook. Nice enough, but...slightly crazy. She blabbered away the whole time about the most random things, completely distracted me, parted my hair on the wrong side (seriously, shouldn't a hairdresser ask you which side you normally part your hair on?) and she was so freaking weird and crazy that I never noticed what she was doing because I was trying to keep my brain from melting. So she cut my hair with the part on the wrong side - so when I put it back to normal, where my natural part is, my layers are now uneven. Whatever. I've had strange cuts before. I really need to find a hairdresser for myself....hard to start a relationship though when I only get my hair cut once a year. LOL.
Moving on....
I bought the kids basically all of their summer clothes on Saturday! Old Navy was having a sale and I got all their t-shirts and shorts and capris for $5 each, with a few higher priced items. Sure, call me insane for buying them this soon, but I always wait too long and all the sizes are picked over. Plus, the kids will need summer clothes when we go to Phoenix a month from now. When I got home both the kids had a heyday going through them and trying them on - Ella, because I bought her a new dress, and Eli because he has a thing for piles of clothes. He's a real hoot when I'm doing laundry. Ella of course modeled all her new duds for me, and carried around her stack of t-shirts as she danced around our living room.
Ella decked out in a new t-shirt and shorts...paired with her winter boots. And a firewire cable which was being used as a lasso. Don't ask.
She wore her new dress to church on Sunday! She says she is Princess Presto (from Super Why) in her new purple dress.
She also had a bout as a fisherman this weekend. She insisted that she have a fishing rod, so I made her one from a chopstick and a shoelace (those chopsticks are coming in handy...one turned in to her magic wand, and now another in to a fishing rod!)
Last night was my Broadway concert! We had a great show, and I'm settled in to the usual 'low' when a concert is done....happy that we did well, and sad to be done. Unfortunately, Chris was separated from our camera and we didn't get any pictures. Great night though! Now we move on to music for an upcoming symphony concert, and out final concert in May.
Today is...dun dun dunnnnn.........possession day! I'm heading over with the kids to the new house at noon to get the keys from the realtor. We're in for a busy week!
To finish off the fun, here's a video of silly Ella - of course just when I wanted to videotape her cowboy enthusiasm, she switched into princess mode. She has a relapse though. She also has trouble remembering which side of the camera she's supposed to be on. And she has no qualms about showing off my messy house. Not that you haven't seen it before.
P.S. The reason she is chasing a meatball will only be apparent if you have seen that episode of Toopy and Binoo. Sorry.




No comments:
Post a Comment