We are hard at work getting ready for Eli's party tomorrow. I've got presents wrapped, birthday banner made, decorations ready to be put up, birthday video done, all the food for the party is in the freezer or fridge....
So today we are cleaning our disastrous house, burning the birthday video to DVD's, making the cake...OK, so it doesn't sound like much but believe me, cleaning this place up is a huge job in and of itself. Add to that - Chris is at work for 5 hours today. At least Ella is away - she slept over at Grandma's last night and is enjoying lunch date with her cousin Jaxson this afternoon. Eli has finally gone down for a nap and it's time to get back to cleaning...or maybe I should bake the cake. It could be a late night....
The kiddies are both doing pretty well. I can't believe Eli will be 1 this next week! What a big boy he is. He is so active and happy (although equally grumpy....why are my children so melodramatic?) and makes me laugh every day. I hope he enjoys his little party tomorrow.
The past few nights he's been sleeping better at night - still getting up for an early morning bottle, but going back to sleep until around 8 (If only Ella would follow suit!) Of course, this sleeping habit change has unfortunately rid me of one of Eli's naps. Sigh. Not even a year old and only 1 nap a day? What a crazy boy. Who knows if this will last, but for the past 3 days he's just had 1 nap instead of 2. Ella didn't give up her morning nap until she was at least 15 months, but Eli always was a very different child.
Ella has been pretty sensitive and high strung lately (but I guess she is MY child, hee hee). She is still a delight though and has a ton of affection her family. She says "I love you" about 35 times a day, sometimes to me, and sometimes to random toys. At least she's sharing the love. She was of course, spoiled rotten with Grandma this weekend, but I think she needed a little one-on-one time. Eli's been a little too touchy-feely for her lately : ) I might feel that way too if he sat on my head 6 times a day. I'm excited for her to come home and tell me all about her sleepover party with Grandma!
In other news, time is just ticking away towards possession of our new house. We signed the paper's at the lawyers this week and everything is going forward as planned. I hope I can get motivated enough to start packing this place up! As soon as Eli's birthday is out of the way, the rest of February will be devoted to the move. As the time comes closer I keep finding little things about this house that REALLY bug me, and I am getting more excited to move! Oh, to have a dishwasher! And to not have the office in the dining room/ toy room, so Eli doesn't grab at the computer and the filing cabinet all day! And for the kids to have their own rooms!
*Grin*
1 comment:
So fun, how was the party and best of wishes with the packing and cleaning... I wish I was closer so I could be of any help to you.
How funny the word verification is.. rental
Post a Comment