We had a great Halloween this year! Our little Monkey and beautiful Butterfly scored lots of yummy treats for Mom and Dad (hee hee).
We started out at the Trunk or Treat at church on Tuesday. Unfortunately it was raining and VERY cold, so we were inside the building in the gym. Much nicer for the kiddies anyways! Eli helped me hand out candy (aka attacked our candy bowl and threw suckers at little children) while Ella and Chris went round the gym and trick or treated.
Here is the little hooligan monkey with his Daddy:
And beautiful butterfly Ella checking out her loot:
We continued our festivities on Saturday. After supper, Ella and I carved a pumpkin - it was Ella's first pumpkin! She even picked it out herself at Dutch Growers when we went to the pumpkin patch. As soon as I cut the top off, she was amazed at the seeds and flesh sticking to it, and called it a "flower":
She had no problem sticking her hand inside to grab some "slimy":
And she was very excited at the outcome!
After the pumpkin was done, Eli and Ella donned their costumes. Poor Ella - we lost her real pumpkin bucket, so I had to make her one!
Ella went out with Chris first, and they managed about 4 houses before Ella's little nose turned red from cold! She came back and showed me all her goodies! Then Eli and I went out and did 2 houses. By the time we got back, Ella was ready for another adventure, so I took her out to another 4 houses. Here are some more pics of my little cuties!
By the time we were done, it was just after 7 pm and the kids started to have a meltdown : ) We plopped them in the tub and got ready for bed.
Ella is the politest little Trick or Treater there is! She'd say "Trick or Treat" (with prompting) and then after receiving her candy, would confidently reply, "Thank you so much!" She had quite a few people giggle at her.
Now all I have to do is somehow convince her that Halloween is over and remind her that we don't normally eat this much candy!











3 comments:
Welcome to the Bloggin' World! Can't wait to read about all your adventures!
Love y'all...
Me
Way too cute.. I'm so excited to follow your blog and see your sweet little ones... wow they are both getting so big, I can't believe it seeing Eli standing and I hear he walks around stuff... crazy!!! They are adorable and ps you have the cutest blog background I've ever seen!!
Awww, I'm so glad I have followers! : )
Post a Comment